Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good shipping extension wanted
Hi all,
I would like to integrate a good shipping extension in the core.
By good I mean useful and flexible, preferably international and not localized.
If you know such an extension, please share.
OpenCart Overclocked Edition Lead developer
Search for "Advanced Shipping" or 'Shipping Pro", shipping cost dependant of some characteristics and not a country carrier.
Anyway this should be external module to the core
There are excellent shipping modules by Clear Thinking on http://www.opencartx.com   Cover very wide range of options and I use one on OCE 1.10.2  - Formula Based Shipping. Worked right out of the box as they say.  As gob33 says, maybe just leave shipping outside the core and interest developers to write modules. 

BTW - Happy New Year to you both
Dont forget the problem of copying instead of adapting someone else extension.
The OC forum has numerous posts about "someone stole my extension".
It is not very pleasant for a developper to see his work copied line by line (eg: Arastta modules)
But the GPL licence adopted by OC permits that contrary to many comments i read on OC forum.
The best way would be the developpers come to Overclocked and propose their extensions but...
(01-06-2018, 02:11 PM)to requestgob33 Wrote: Dont forget the problem of copying instead of adapting someone else extension.
The OC forum has numerous posts about "someone stole my extension".
It is not very pleasant for a developper to see his work copied line by line (eg: Arastta modules)
But the GPL licence adopted by OC permits that contrary to many comments i read on OC forum.
The best way would be the developpers come to Overclocked and propose their extensions but...

I am not advocating copying - Over the years I have bought a number of extensions from the developer I mentioned because they work excellently, are easy to use, add functionality and the developer is very responsive to enquiries.
So the way is to propose a "clone" which ressemble, but not exactly, to an extension.