Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Admin Notification and Shortcut
Found another nice mod, that makes life easier for the admin by showing the most important notifications, right in the top menu.
It streamlines the admin workflow, by keeping important tasks at a distance of a click. Smile
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?route...n_id=23872 

In my opinion, it needs to get included in the core.

Thanks!
Good suggestion!

I will have a look and see how I can adapt it.
I don't really want to add this in the menu, because it could compromise responsiveness, so maybe an extra toolbar (optional) could be the answer, just below the menu.
Also, having the ability to choose which alert to display could be useful (not everybody uses Affiliates for example) ...

... I need to think about it. As always, suggestion on how to implement this are welcome.
OpenCart Overclocked Edition Lead developer
I don't know what to say about a fully responsive admin...
I mean, it should look/function ok on PCs and tablets and that's it.
Not many users would do admin work on phones as it's not very productive.

About 3 and a half years ago, I worked at Amazon USA (support department) and you don't event want to know how the backend looked (should have made a screenshot).
You needed a degree in computer science to work through all those menus and options - very frustrating.

Now I work for a financial service company and I have colleagues that have been working here for a few years and still don't know how to use custom ERP software. That's how bad it is.

And both examples are on the PC side.

So trust me, OpenCart Overclocked is amazing as it is, regarding the administration design.  Wink
(02-18-2018, 10:31 PM)Tango Wrote: Not many users would do admin work on phones as it's not very productive.

I agree that proper Admin work is much much easier on desktop, acceptable on a tablet and almost impossible on a phone. That's why I didn't bother in v1.10.x and previous versions, but I think v1.11.0 deserves to be pushed further this time! The goal is to get a decent (yet limited) working experience at 640px and I think I can do it without alienating you guys.

I had a go at this Admin Notification mod yesterday and made a custom vQmod xml for it, but it doesn't look that great because it uses the old OC menu CSS. I think I need to make one from scratch using some jQuery accordion plugin. So it could take a little while.
OpenCart Overclocked Edition Lead developer
Wohooo, we got this also!

Thanks a lot!