Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpenBay Pro Poll
Question 
Hi all,

I seriously need some feedback on this:

Should OpenBay Pro remain part of Overclocked Edition?

For those of you that don't already know, here is a couple of facts about OpenBay Pro:

- It is not Free;
- It is not PHP 7.1+ compatible *;
- It is big in size and has a lot of language files **;
- It has not been updated for v1.5.6.4 for a while;
- It doesn't seem to be commonly used. Any of you use it?;
- Support for Overclocked Edition is unlikely to be available.

*: I should be able to change that if it is to stay.
**: A lot of extra work for translations into other languages!

I personally would like to remove it from Overclocked Edition, for all the reasons mentioned above, but also because I would like to slowly move away from OC, focus more on essential cart features and make the code even leaner and faster.

So there it is, please tell us what you think.
OpenCart Overclocked Edition Lead developer
While it's a nice tool to have (dunno if anyone actually uses it, or if it even works as it should), I would vote against keeping it.
It's too much of a hassle for you to keep it up to date, and there are more important things we can focus on, like fixing the Offers System and making Overclocked Edition a more powerful cart with a stronger Admin (*cough* maybe even a rebranding of the project *cough* Big Grin ).

So my vote is No.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Or, I have a better idea.
Let's fix what's there to fix and test the hell out of OpenCart Overclocked as it is (OpenBay included), release v1.11.0 and mark this release as the FINAL OpenCart Overclocked version.
This one is for the fans and for those who still need OpenBay.

Then rebrand the project as Insert_Cart_Name_Here, start from scratch with the versioning (v1, v2 etc.), remove OpenBay and continue building something wonderful!  Tongue
It does not appear to justify inclusion, so get rid of it.
OpenBay passes by / depends of Weltford Media.
But eBay sales makes a good revenue for small shops not visible on the web.
I would say let it as it is for the moment and prepare a remplacement in the form of a serious extension like "eBay Connector" at $199
Could need a CodeIgniter event system for integration in OCE.
Thank you all for your replies and votes.

The general result seems to be that most of us want to remove OBP in the future, but still keep it for a little while longer.

Conclusion: OBP will remain in the latest OCE v1.11.x releases for now and then be retired after that.

This poll is now closed.
OpenCart Overclocked Edition Lead developer