Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Main Image Label
I'm testing the 1.11 update before applying to our live shop and I've just tried to add an image into this field and I'm sure it is doing what it did in a previous update. As soon as you add an image the product image is squashed vertically. I will try and find the original discussion/cure but I thought this would have been added into the latest code.

Can you specify the image field you are actually using?
.. and the Lightbox script (Magnific, Colorbox,...)?

If you add to the Main Image field you shouldn't have any issues as the image will be resized in accordance with your Settings for "Product Image Thumb".
However if you use the second box (Product Label) then yes the image will be showing at the top right.

Let us know so we can make improvements if required.

Thank you for your feedback.
OpenCart Overclocked Edition Lead developer
Hi

The Main Image is squashed vertically on the product page when an image is added to the Main Image Label - 2nd entry on data tab, no Main Image Label and the Main Image is ok. The Lightbox image is the correct shape. I am using FancyBox.

I encountered a similar problem when I tried the upgrade to 1.10 using Zoom Lens which was cured with commit https://github.com/villagedefrance/OpenC...0b853b7ac9
Ok, unfortunately I cannot reproduce this issue:

I am also using FancyBox with Main Image + Label and all looks fine. You can visit my new site FSXProjects to have a look.
I also tested with Zoom Lens and had to make a small adjustment (see Github commit) but other than that, everything seems to behave as it should.

At this stage I am not too sure what to say. Is it an image resize problem?

How big (in pixels) is your Main Image?
Is it optimized? (big enough to fit the viewer, yet small small enough to load faster.)
Have you trimmed the unnecessary blank spaces around the image actual subject?

If anybody else has the same problem please share.
Hopefully we will find a solution to this.
    villagedefrance         Ok, unfortunately I cannot reproduce this issue:

I am also using FancyBox with Main Image + Label and all looks fine. You can visit my new site FSXProjects to have a look.
I also tested with Zoom Lens and had to make a small adjustment (see Github commit) but other than that, everything seems to behave as it should.

Morning

It appears to be a browser issue. I've just opened a listing on your test website using Safari - same image squash issue. I then tried Chrome - same issue but Firefox is ok. See below.

Sorry seemed to have added too many attachments to my post
Yes, I now can confirm your findings.

I use Win7 and mostly Firefox so I didn't spot that issue initially.
I tested with Chrome (Version 67.0.3396.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)) and Opera (53.0.2907.99) ... and no issues.
Then I checked with good old Internet Explorer 11 (no Edge on Win7) and yes the image is buggered as you describe.
Last time I tried Android was also fine ...
Obviously I couldn't check with Safari.

New browsers now pretty much all use the same "user agents" and are getting better at auto-adjusting CSS3 display irregularities, but the older ones don't always do that.

Ok, that means I am going to have to fix this. Dodgy
I am going to open a new issue on Github.

Many many thanks for reporting this.
I tested on Chrome on the Mac (Version 66.0.3359.181 (Official Build) (64-bit)) which had the bug but I've just checked and applied an update to Version 67.0.3396.87 (Official Build) (64-bit) and the bug has gone so they've obviously done something with this update.
I've just committed a fix on Github.
I think all should display correctly.
The issue has now been closed.

However I have noticed that SwipeBox doesn't work at all now. I think I'm going to have to replace it, as it doesn't seem to be jQuery 3 friendly. Undecided
Thank you

I can confirm that the fix does work on Safari, Chrome and Firefox on the Mac.

I've come across another possible bug which I will start another thread for.