'Pinned' News item

If you have an idea for improvement, please share it here.
Xavi

'Pinned' News item

Postby Xavi » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:28 pm

Just a query: would it be possible to "pin" a news item so that it remains at the top of the list on the news page? Just like a pinned Tweet on Twitter.

Regards,

Xavi

villagedefrance
Site Admin
Great Britain

Re: 'Pinned' News item

Postby villagedefrance » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:46 am

Good idea!
I will see what I can do for that to be possible.
Thanks.
Overclocked Edition lead developer.

villagedefrance
Site Admin
Great Britain

Re: 'Pinned' News item

Postby villagedefrance » Fri May 12, 2017 4:54 am

I have listened and made some big changes to the News extension in v1.9.3.

I have added a "sort-order" for News which means that they now can be arranged in a specific order. It is not quite a "pinned" system but it works just the same. If you do not want to sort your News articles, the default classification will still use the "date-added" value, putting the latest article at the top.

Other features Include:
- News Related Products: Yes, it is now possible to promote your products inside your articles. There are 3 different methods of doing so: 1 - is by selecting one or more products; 2 - is by selecting one or more categorie; and 3 - is by selecting one or more Manufacturers.
- News Downloads: Yes, you now can attach one or more downloadable file to your article.
- News Image Viewers: 4 of them to choose from! These viewers are obviously the same as the Product ones, except for the Zoom Lens that doesn't make much sense for news articles.

These are some of the big changes coming in v1.9.3. Soon all will be revealed ;)

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri May 12, 2017 4:54 am.
Overclocked Edition lead developer.

Return to “New Feature Requests”