Customer registration - Region/State

Anything about Overclocked Edition.
Xav
Bahamas

Customer registration - Region/State

Postby Xav » Wed May 24, 2017 7:48 am

Is there any way that "Greater London" can be either changed to "London" or "London" be added to the Region/State list? Greater London has not existed since 1986, when the Greater London Council was abolished, so anyone sending mail simply puts London and the postcode. Why the request? Well people look in the list and don't find "London" so they can't register an account. They don't look for "Greater London" and so customers can be lost. This happened to me just yesterday but fortunately I was able to speak to the lady because she called me and I got the order. But it could have lost me the order. I think I remember something re "hard coding" in these lists but even a warning/info box to say "select Greater London if you live in London" would be a help, because anyone under at least 31 years old will never have heard of Greater London. Thanks.

villagedefrance
Site Admin
Great Britain

Re: Customer registration - Region/State

Postby villagedefrance » Thu May 25, 2017 6:01 pm

Yes, I already changed it to "London" a while ago.
If you do a clean install you should see it. Sadly it doesn't seem to work when updating from a previous version ... I am working on trying to resolve that.

Also in v1.9.3 I have added the UK Nations: England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, as "countries".
Overclocked Edition lead developer.

Xav
Bahamas

Re: Customer registration - Region/State

Postby Xav » Thu May 25, 2017 7:02 pm

Ah, I upgraded to 1.9.3 so that's why. And I have set United Kingdom as only option ( I don't sell outside UK).

Return to “General Discussion”